Kitchen Remodel Checklist
There are a lot of things to consider when preparing for your first Kitchen Remodel. Built By Grace has prepared a comprehensive list to help you get started. Using this guide will help ensure that both Built by Grace and the client get their East Valley Kitchen Remodeling project done correctly!
Scope out the checklist by clicking “more” below!
1. What is my budget? (The general rule of thumb for optimal resale value is 10-20% of your homes value)
2. When would I like my kitchen to be completed?
3. Decide what you can do yourself and what you’d like a pro to do. This can help save you money, but know your limits and set your expectations accordingly. Some ideas to get you thinking about what you think you can do yourself or have Built by Grace do professionally:
4. Decide what is a necessity and what is a desire. This point ties closely into your budget. If you are tight on your budget, consider the things you can do at a later date. But also consider long term savings as some things are easier to do during the initial process than going in after the fact. Consult with your Chandler Kitchen Remodeling specialist at Built by Grace to find out what some of those options are.
• Back splash
• Counter tops
• Garbage Disposal
• Lighting Fixtures
5. Select your materials and consider them when determining budget. People often forget. Keep in mind material costs are some times at wholesale when purchased by contractors so contact your Chandler Kitchen Remodel specialist at Built by Grace before you make a decision. It can also save you the hassle of having to lug all of the heavy items around yourself. They can also help you with the pros and cons of each different style. For instance, do you want a farm sink, granite sink, composite sink or stainless steel sink? What are the disadvantages of each type? Too many options can sometimes become your enemy, but Built by Grace is here to help! Here are a few of the items for you to consider:
• Couter top
6. Did you get the necessary permits to do your project? Most people wouldn’t even know where to begin with this, so this should be left to the professionals. Built by Grace will ensure your HOA doesn’t get upset with you!
7. Choose a contractor you’re comfortable with. This is an important investment in your home and you don’t want to be stuck with someone you don’t trust. At Built by Grace, the client vendor relationship is a two way street and we respect our clients the same way we expect to be treated when dealing with our vendors. Once we have established that we are a good fit, we take great care in ensuring the integrity of the relationship is at the highest level. In our industry, referrals are the most important method for new business, and we rely on your recommendations to your friends and family. We know we have one shot at making our impression and we take it to heart.